Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Botanical Garden road race


This stage was 90km of a short 3.6 km rolling circuit with one short steep climb to the finish. We were a couple of men down today, Bennett and myself were the only ones starting. The Rock racing professional team turned up 8 men strong. t\The plan was to look after ourselves for what looked like it would be a bunch finish. I basically just sat in and tried to keep myself fresh for the finish rather then try and attack. A break of 7 riders managed to get clear towards the end of the race I was sure it wasn't going to stick but it did. Bennett put in a great effort to get away in the closing laps but got pulled back not far from the finish. I felt excellent today but just didn't have the greatest positioning for the finish, I was on the end of the rock racing train with about 2 km to go but got majorly swarmed coming in a to a tight section of the coarse before the finishing climb. I am very happy with how I am going just need some results to show it. Next race is Thursday a 100km short circuit crit.

Saw fellow Kiwi Dale Tye help her team to their first NRC win today.

No comments: