Monday, May 14, 2007

Joe Martin day 3 final stage


The final stage of the tour was a 90minute criterium. The course was quite big and technical including a descent with a 90degree turn at the bottom, s bends and an nice sized up hill sprint. I felt better today then any other day but still not the best. It took me a while to settle into the race and get a feel for it. I thought the coarse was pretty crazy and i was expecting a lot of crashes.

With 130 riders on the coarse the bunch stretched out quite far, there was a lot of the elastic band effect and me not being so confident I placed myself further back then I should have. realising after 20min or so that it actually wasn't so bad and that I should be trying to move up, I found that I was using a lot of energy and when I hit the hill again I would loose the positions. I ended up lasting 60min of the race before hitting the wall.

I am confident that when i have my form back that I will be able to race well in these races. Although performance wise I wasn't going well the past four days, I am happy to have now done my first lot of NRC races, I now have a lot more of an idea of what to expect from these races. I am looking forward to the next NRC race to be more use full for the team and prove my myself. It is a long season so I'm going to have times like these but there are a lot more better times to come.

2 comments:

Sammo said...

Hey Josh,

Keep it up bro you're doing bloody welll... I'd have a heart attack just thinking about the race! Cheers Sammo

Jeb said...

Josh,
keep at it man. Course has got a "u" in it!!!!!
Jeb.