Sunday, June 24, 2007

final stage 60km crit

A 1km four corner circuit. It was another great race for the Abercrombie & Fitch team. We had to seal the deal on the jerseys and that's exactly what happened. The race started off fast every team was having their turn attacking us. Our job was basically to keep the bunch together unless i got into a break away with guys that were not a threat then I was allowed to go try take a lap on the field. I put myself into a lot of positions were i got into small breaks but nothing would stick or there were the wrong people in the break. I was having a go at doing this as well as just covering attacks all the way down till 4 laps to go when I was smashed and had to start thinking about getting into the lead out train. The last coupe of laps were really intense with some people taking some big risks to move up, but it was safe on the front. Coming into the closing lap I was only good for a sweeper as i was fried. Marco took out the final sprint in fine form.















We finished the tour with Mark Hekman in yellow, Marco Aledia in green, Tim Swain in polka dot jerseys and I managed to finish up in third position over all. It was an awesome tour, we all had a great time and everyone rode over and above expectations to get these fantastic results. i was really happy with my consistency. i place in the top 7 in five of the 6 stages. i had my best day obviously on the second day were i won the hill primes, the stage and took the yellow jersey.

Jimmy also had a nasty looking crash check out this clip on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i740hrygToI

No comments: