Monday, June 11, 2007

Saint Louis circuit race 100km


This weekend Hayden Godfrey and i hired a car and drove 6hrs Saint Louis to do a circuit race, it was about 20 laps of a 3 miles. The course was really Roley but the wind was in the right directions that we had tail wind up hills and head wind down hills, this made sitting in the bunch quit easy. Hayden and myself teamed up for the race as we had no other team mates. There was a lot of attacks from he two bigger teams but nothing would stick and anything that looked half dangerous Hayden or myself had it covered.

We came down to about a 50man bunch sprint. My job was to lead out Hayden, the bunch was so dodgy because the course was not really difficult to stretch it out, this meant that i had to be on the front early for decent with a 90degree left hand bend at the bottom about 1km out from the finish. I bombed the corner with Hayden two wheels back, i ended up gaping the front of the field which forced the guy between myself and Hayden to chase me, the lead out worked well and Hayden came flying past at the bottom of the up hill sprint, Hayden held on to get third place. I didn't have enough left to hold on to a top 20 finish up the hill which was a shame but we were happy with the ride and i learnt a lot and had great experience racing with Hayden. I now have my form back and am feeling great.

No comments: